Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Discrete hardware-based EAX 5.0 sound effects and 3D positional audio. Surround sound output via optical audio useful for HTPC builds. X-Fi Crystalizer - compressed music enhancement for use with downloaded songs.
The Cons:Users must switch between the sound modes (entertainment, gaming, etc). Requires a free PCI-Express slot. 5.1 surround sound mode requires software to be installed.
The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium is the economy product in its line, which also includes the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series and the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series. However, like its companion products, the X-Fi Titanium puts you in the heart of the gaming experience with 5.0 EAX sound effects and 3-D positional audio, and it offers 5.1 Dolby surround sound through both speakers and headphones.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Not only does this enhance the experience, but it also provides great audio for music and movie playback. Plus, with 0.001% total harmonic distortion (THD) and a dedicated headphone amplifier, the X-Fi Titanium offers clearer voice chat for the ultimate MMO gaming experience.
The X-Fi Titanium also allows features low-latency ASIO drivers so users can record their own music.
- 5.0 EAX sound effects and 3-D positional audio
- 5.1 Dolby surround sound (speakers and headphones)
- hardware acceleration to boost gaming performance
- PCI express bus connection
- low-latency ASIO drivers for music recording
- Xtreme Fidelity for high-quality audio during music playback
- PowerDVD for high-quality audio during DVD movie playback
- 1/8" headphone and microphone jacks
- 0.001% THD
- up to 7.1 speaker support
- dedicated headphone amplifier in back of card
- 24-bit, 96kHz, 118dB digital-to-analog converters (DACs)
User Reviews (7)
discrete hardware-based EAX 5.0 sound effects and 3D positional audio
surround sound output via optical audio useful for HTPC builds
X-Fi Crystalizer - compressed music enhancement for use with downloaded songs
users must switch between the sound modes (entertainment, gaming, etc)
requires a free PCI-Express slot
5.1 surround sound mode requires software to be installed
will likely have to download the latest drivers from Creative for Windows Vista and Windows 7 compatibility
You may also like...